Why Career Counselling is important and Different Psychometric Tests in Career Counselling
Posted on: 20 April 2021, By : Riya Sen
A survey across India shows that in India,
- 83% Students are confused about Career
- 92% of Guardians are unaware of modern age courses and options for their Child.
Different Kinds of Psychometric Tests
- Brain Dominance Test
- With the Brain Dominance test, we can assess whether someone is right Brain dominant or left-brain dominant. The aspects of the Analytical and Creative mind are culminated from such results and can be used in the determination of the course.
The acronym RIASEC signifies six different career Categories which goes like this
- R - REALISTIC
- I - INVESTIGATIVE
- A- ARTISTIC
- S- SOCIAL
- E- ENTERPRISING
- C -CONVENTIONAL.
With the help of a RIASEC test we can understand which career is most suitable for a Candidate / Student according to their unique abilities, interests, skills and personality.
DMIT helps us to know students inborn Talents and Natural Characteristics, understand the best learning style, identify students’ innate abilities, improve relationships between students and parents.
SWOT Analysis helps the student to analyse their Strength and Goal setting and also realize Weaknesses and places for improvement. They can gauge their Opportunities due to the current time and scenario & also the Threats quadrant, figure out what possible obstacles might arise.
- Rorschach Test /Holtzman Technique
Rorschach Test is utilized to assess Personality and Emotional Functioning
- Emotional Intelligence Testing